Chef Qualter’s has provided us with the latest teaser for the upcoming gala. Below you will find the recipe for the crust that will be on the codfish served on October 17.
Irish Cheddar Cheese Crust (for the codfish)
Adapted from a recipe…The Bam Chef, Emeril
Yield 4 servings
- ½ cup fine bread crumbs ( panko crushed a bit)
- 2 tablespoons melted Kerrygold butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons Lakeshore Irish strong mustard…or Coleman’s English mustard.
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 6 oz. Kerrygold Irish cheddar cheese…grated
- Combine the following as a seasoning for the fish before the crust.
- 1 tablespoon for the following: garlic powder, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper (go easy), onion powder, dried oregano, dried thyme. (a slight pinch of cayenne??)
- Oven temp: 375 degrees
- Lightly season codfish with the seasonings
- Combine the bread crumb mixture, add the cheese and mix very well.
- Place on the fish…patting down firmly to make a crust
- Bake until fish is barely cooked and crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.